When it comes to a trip to the theme parks, whether it’s a full day that we’ve planned months in advance or a quick local visit for the afternoon, I always like to feel my best.
Here are my best tips for living your best healthy life while visiting the theme parks:
- Drink LOTS of Water! Water intake is key. Bring a reusable water bottle to the parks and ask for free cups of ice water from any food and beverage station (if the place you stop can’t offer it, ask where the nearest location is that can).
- Load up on fruits and veggies. Whether it’s committing to a small side of berries or carrots with each meal, try to ensure that you have some “color” on your plate at all times. This doesn’t mean skip the Mickey pretzel or the soft serve you’ve been eyeing. Just make sure you eat some of the rainbow while you’re out and about (and I don’t mean Skittles!)
- Get your steps in! Sounds like the “tale as old as time” but seriously, stairs or escalator? Stairs. Just try to make a conscious effort to get those steps in. The best part? This is relatively easy because the theme parks are HUGE and you need to walk to get to where you want to go. Plus, you’re having fun while doing it.
- Pack snacks! This can be a great budget tip and also helps you stay on track. Some of my favorites that are easy to throw in a bag and take with you? Chomps turkey jerky sticks, carrots and hummus, grapes, apples, popcorn…etc. So many options that are great to munch on when you’re in line or between meals.
- My final tip is to enjoy yourself! Life is too short to say “no” to your favorite treats. You’re never going to look back at a memory and think to yourself “man, I’m so glad I substituted that cupcake for some raisins.” No! You’re going to look back and laugh and remember sharing a Dole Whip with your friends while watching the fireworks, or running through the parks all day and then craving a corn dog and fries. Just remember some of the tips that I mentioned above and remind yourself that you’re human and you’re allowed to treat yourself.
If you’re looking for tips and tricks on how to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle, let me know in the comments below or on my Instagram @katherine_foote! I’d love to know how you’re looking to improve your health and wellness, and how I can help along your journey.